Thursday, May 31, 2012

John Cole-6 Months

 Happy 1/2 Birthday my sweet baby John Cole!  I just took you for your 6 month check-up today so I apologize for being tardy getting your stats posted.  And here they are:

Weight:  18 lbs 3 ounces  (75%)
Height:   27"  (75%)
Head Circuference 43.2 cm  (FINALLY up to 50%!)

John Cole, you are such a JOY!  I absolutely adore your ready smile, your gasping laugh and your sweet pinches :)  You have started eating baby food--I kinda drug my feet on that one we are gonna make up for lost time.  I mix rice with a fruit for breakfast and rice with a veggie for supper.  You have liked most everything so far, but I don't quite know how to explain to you that spitting at the table is NOT appropriate! 

You have started scooting backwards and I am happy and sad about that all at the same time.  Your brother is really going to have to watch where he puts his tiny Legos!  And how could I ever have been worried about your rolling ability?  You are such a little roly poly and can get what you want.

I wish I could boast you are on a perfect nap schedule...but you still kinda get them when you can.  Of course, your afternoon nap is usually at home in your crib, but sometimes you get a morning nap and sometimes you do not.  Sometimes you take a late afternoon catnap and sometimes when you are pooped I put you to bed for the night at 6:30.  You just roll with the punches......

Your brother and I made 1/2 birthday cupcakes for you on the 22nd...too bad you could not enjoy...but so very soon you'll be celebrating with your very own cake!  We all love you SO MUCH!

1 comment:

The Dugdale Family said...

That picture looks like preston!