Monday, December 12, 2011

Santa's Christmas Village









....is actually the Monroe Children's Museum...but I thought that made a more interesting title :)

I have been attending MOPS (Mothers of PreSchoolers) at First Baptist Ruston since the Fall, and have really enjoyed the meetings and getting to know the great moms at my table--the "LifeChangers." These women were also SO WONDERFUL to me--and continue to be--in the days after John Cole was born. So, I really wanted to make the MOPS playdate today at the museum :)

Initially, I asked my sweet Aunt Kristy who lives in Monroe if I could come to her house to nurse John Cole, and she graciously offered to keep him while Preston and I went. That turned out to be a REALLY GOOD idea. I thought our group would kind of have the place to ourselves but that was NOT the case....it was a ZOO! However, I am glad we went because it has been probably 18 months since P has been and he enjoyed the experiments and crafts MUCH more today than last trip. Of course, his favorite part was playing in (ie throwing and laying around in) the play "snow" scattered around the building but he also enjoyed some of the more "scientific" activities.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

No comments: