Thursday, December 15, 2011

My Second Born Son




As promised, here is a post dedicated solely to my angel of a newborn, John Cole. I have been hesitant to type these words, because I feared my bravado would backfire, but at 3 weeks 3 days old I think I am safe in proclaiming that Jeff and I have been blessed with a calm baby!! When I was worried that I could not love another child as much as I do Preston, a good friend of mine told me not to worry my heart would grow larger when I had another child. This is SO true. There is no way for me to imagine my life without John Cole in it and there are no words to describe how much I love him :)

His likes:
1. Laying on his right ear--don't you even TRY to get him to turn to the other side! I am super scared of the helmet...any tips on getting him to turn it?
2. Sleepy sheep--never had one of these with P...can't imagine doing without it now!
3. HIS PACI!!! Hip Hip Hooray!
4. Laying in his cradle and watching us eat as a family...as long as it is on his right side :)

His dislikes:
1. Getting the hiccups--poor baby gets them a couple of times a day :(
2. His bathtime--maybe it is because it is cold but I tell you he SCREAMS..but then is super content when I get his jammies on.
3. Getting in the carseat--poor thing, he will be sleeping snug as a bug in a rug and I have to get him up and put him in the carseat to take him somewhere. Lets out a little YELP!
4. When he is just trying to sleep and big brother is playing "one man band" or "shoot the ducks" and he just can't get his sleep!

I love you JOHN COLE!!

1 comment:

The Hoeflers said...

He is absolutely adorable! Congratulations!!!