Monday, November 29, 2010

Small Town Christmas





















First of all, I want to apologize for the poor quality of some of these pictures. I would REALLY like a new camera for Christmas. Something fast but not to cumbersome....Jeff are you reading this!?!?!?

Secondly, I did attend this event. The one picture of me is blurry from the horrible quality of this camera that the Consumer Reports said was great less than two years ago...did I mention I would like a good camera?

Ok, now to the fun stuff!! I am SO GLAD I decided to bring Preston to Jonesboro's Christmas festivities last Saturday. Jeff was going duck hunting so I called my Mom and she said that she and Pop would love to join in on the fun so that made it all the better.

Jonesboro is the very definition of a small town--but I will have to say their Christmas celebration was top notch, and most importantly, perfect for a two-year old. The parade had firetrucks, ATVs, beauty queens, Disney characters(see P getting a high 5 from Mickey), Santa Claus and OF COURSE very much candy. The pic where Preston is waving he is signaling Santa....

Following the parade was the tunnel of lights and of course a visit with Santa. HOWEVER, I fear that this is another year Preston will have not much to do with Santa...the picture where he is clinging to Nana for dear life is when we simply suggested he go tell Santa what he wants for Christmas...I am keeping my fingers crossed this attitude will change...most of you tell me it will not :)

Lastly, we watched a really fun fireworks show. I wish I had a GOOD CAMERA to capture the joy in his little face just looking at the fireworks. It was a very special night to see Christmas in the eyes of a child. Thanks for joining me Nana and Pop and hope you are all getting into the Christmas Swing!

No comments: