Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Canton Finds








It was such a treat for my Mom and I to head over to Canton, TX last Friday. Mrs. Heather came over to keep Preston while Daddy was at work so we could really get some shopping done :) We had a great girls day together and we both found some pretty things as well. I thought it would be fun to share my two major purchases:

We had a perfectly good light fixture hanging in our dining room, yes, but when I saw this beautiful crystal chandelier I just SAW it in my dining room. So, after a LONG trip from The Porch to the MDX, it was mine! We will save the other light fixture, and put it back up if we ever move because I can never part with this one....isn't it pretty?

I also got this cool Italian lamp--the saleslady said she just got it from an estate sale in Highland Park in Dallas. It is so cool and old :) I am well aware that the shade is too small-it is actually from the lamp that was there previously-but even with the too small shade I LOVE it! (In my defense, the lamp I did have there got cracked pretty noticeably on our move from Shreveport and I have been living with it for three years....)

So, if you are ever in need of some cute gifts, antique furniture, anything TEXAS/cowboy or of course new lighting head over to Canton :) It is definitely worth the trip.

PS--Please say a prayer for my Papa. He had a 4-wheeler accident yesterday and is still in the ICU with a broken clavicle and some heavy bleeding. He is expected to make a full recovery, but it will be a long road for sure. THANKS!

No comments: