Saturday, March 17, 2012

Leprecaun Leap





Ooops! I'd been calling today's race the "Shamrock 5K" and although it has been called that in the past today's 5K was called the "Leprecaun Leap." You get the idea...


It was a HARD 3.1 miles to me...slugging through the mud, making sure I didn't trip, running up the MASSIVE hill, running up all of the other hills....but I did it and it felt SOOOOO good. Now, the last race I did out here I think I finished 26:15 or so and my time today was 28:04 which is NOT a good 5K time. However, for 16 weeks postpartum on that course I was happy with it...especially since I brought home 3rd place in the 26-35 year-old female division :) Kira White won our age group (tall blond in the picture) and I enjoyed running some of the race with Amanda DeMoss (who actually was #4 in the 26-35 females-yay!)The overall winner--of course a high school guy-finished in 19:30 or so and that is not a super fast winning time either...but kudos to him because that was booking it!


More later....

No comments: