Sunday, June 12, 2011

Little Swimmer






Since I am not from Ruston, last Monday was my first trip to Mrs. Lambright's pool for a swimming lesson from Mrs. Linda Causey. After seeing what she could accomplish in 10 thirty minute sessions in two weeks, I know see what all of the fuss is about :) She is an amazing teacher, patient and firm all at the same time, and Preston really did learn so much from her. Now, I will NOT be allowing him to "swim" unsupervised (i.e. without me IN the pool) without his puddlejumper, but I am assured he at least has a foundation of good technique from which to build as he becomes a more confident swimmer these next years. I took off work for two whole weeks to do this with him (with the exception of one day that I just HAD to go in) and I really enjoyed my time with him. Now, I am ready to get back into my work routine, but am a little bummed out that since the Ruston Wal-Mart has lost a Pharmacist I am going to have to pick up some extra shifts in Ruston until they find a replacement. Well, I don't HAVE to, but it is the right thing to do because if I don't it will place a HUGE burden on the other two Pharmacists....so much for my lazy summer I guess. Hopefully, a replacement will be found soon. Until then, we will still be swimming and enjoying our summer on the days I am home. Hope you are surviving this WILTING heat. I actually decided NOT to go lay out this afternoon and that is saying something...just couldn't bear the heat and since P is still in Sikes I opted for a nap instead. Much love to you all!

No comments: