Monday, February 14, 2011

Mardi Gras Half-Marathon



















I don't know what it is about a road race-the anticipation, the comraderie with other runners or the celebration at the finish line-but I LOVE IT! Now, I am never in the running to "win" one of these events, but when I reach my personal goal the feeling really is pretty amazing!

My goal was to run this half-marathon faster than the last time I ran it. I gave myself a VERY reachable goal and I did it! Shaved off 5 minutes so my new PR for a half-marathon is 1:52:28. Of course, I am already plotting how I ram gonna run it 5 minutes faster next time.....

Had a GREAT time running with Mollie Robbins! I don't think she reads my blog but I just have to say I am SO PROUD of her. It really wouldn't have been the same without her so I must say, "THANKS MOLLIE!"

We went through Natchez Saturday and Jeff gave me 15 minutes at the Kelly's Kids Sale!! I was snatching and grabbing in all that craziness and I came away with some cute things...sorry no pics...but I got clothes for this summer, and next fall, and the next summer....I can't pass up a DEAL :)

Sadly, K-K did not get to have the fun weekend with Preston she had planned :( He threw up twice Saturday and it was really hard on K-K. She did such a GREAT job at cleaning up and keeping everything as normal as possible and I am SO GRATEFUL to her. Also, thanks to Nana for the trip to Jonesboro and thanks to Kevin for meeting her to get the phenergan gel to him. And especially thanks for letting me run my race before telling me--you know I would have turn around and come home if I had known so I appreciate getting to have the experience so much! Gotta go get ready for work-have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

The Tylers said...

Great job Shelly! Glad you had a great weekend.