Friday, September 17, 2010

Girls Night Painting Party!







Even though it is clearly evident to me that I have absolutely ZERO painting ability, I really think our monthly "Girls Night" last night was a HUGE success. We have all talked about doing "Painting with a Twist" in Shreveport but because of the drive, length of time to pay a sitter, etc. we really wanted to paint closer to home. Sooo, in trying to find out about the Monroe option (which by the way I could never get in touch with), I found out one of my dearest old friends has started a Pack and Paint business where they come to you and do private parties. PERFECT! Nancy most graciously provided us with accomodations at the Toma Lodge and we were all set. I made some yummy apps-Katie's famous cheeseball, fruit/dip, mini-eclairs and Italian skewers-and we had ourselves a party!
We decided to go with the Fleur-de-lis so everyone could put there own spin on it and as you can see they did. Can I just say though that when Lyndsey (my old friend) saw the beginnings of my work, she and I both started laughing uncontrollably...almost like we were back at college studying for a test :) It's a good thing I was good at math and science is all I can say....
Anyway, I think they all turned out great and hope everyone had a great time. I have contact info if any of you are interested in your own party...and invite me please because I would LOVE to do it again!!!

2 comments:

The Tylers said...

Awww...that looks like a fun time!!

Halls said...

I was just talking about this!!! sounds like fun!!! great idea!