Sunday, April 21, 2013

Mississippi Warrior Dash 2013






Even though I am exhausted, very sore and bruised I am so glad I got to experience a Warrior Dash race this weekend!  I was with a big group of Ruston Women--the "Ruston Runaway Warriors" who all dressed alike and were a force to be reckoned with in Jackson :)

So grateful to Katie Hall for organizing our travel group and to her wonderful parents for going with us to set up our camper (YES!  I slept in a camper for two nights!!).  And we had such a great group at the campground which really made this an unforgettable experience.

The race start was extremely unorganized.  We had all signed up for the 12:30 wave and did not start until 1:15..because they weren't checking your wave time at the beginning so people were going late/early/even more than once!  But I sure don't know how they did it more than once unless they ran past the obstacles--which I didn't because what's the point in that?-because this course was KILLER!  I heard there were multiple broken bones including two broken legs but we all got out unscathed.  I was actually quite proud of myself hoisting over huge walls and repelling down steep surfaces with a rope...and of course we got MUDDY!  Which was actually pretty fun :)

Until next year....

**Prayer request**
Please say a special prayer for my "Papa" who was put on hospice this week.  I won't go into graphic detail but he is having some blood loss/GI issues that are making him incredibly weak and he does not want aggressive treatment.  He is at home and comfortable, but not doing well.  Please pray for our family during this difficult time.  Thanks in advance.


No comments: