Friday, September 14, 2012

Five Senses Day







Sorry it's been so long since I've blogged!  I was having issues with the pictures from my phone from the Houston game, so I just gave up.  We had a great time last weekend, though, made all the better by the WIN for the Bulldogs.  Just wanted to document that Preston made it through the WHOLE game and even walked to the hotel on campus BY HIMSELF at 11:30 at night.  His Daddy and I told him how proud we were of him.  Such a fun weekend with family.  Missed my sweet John Cole because he stayed at Resa's house but I think they had some good bonding time :)

So, on to today.  I was excited to finally get to spend some time at Preston's school and with his classmates today at "Five Senses Day."  They spilt the school up into groups and this morning at 8 Mrs. Donna's class and four others made our way to the gym for a PowerPoint and 5 centers set up for each of the senses.  I didn't get the best pics in the world because I was trying to help Mrs. Donna and Mrs. Catherine gather up stamps, put on marker tops, etc.  But at least you get the idea.  Here were the centers:

Taste :  taste pretzel(salty), chocolate chip(sweet), grapefruit(bitter) and pickle (sour) and stamp on chart
Touch: investigate the "mystery boxes" then touch the shaving cream
Smell:  color a picture of the nose and smell the colored marker
Sound:  listen to a recording and pick out sound to identify "bingo" style
Sight: decorate a coffee filter with different food colorings

It was a good time and I am grateful to Gran-Gran for keeping John Cole so I could attend. Hope you all have a good weekend and GO DAWGS!

No comments: