Sunday, July 24, 2011

Kendal's Meat Pie


Y'all know I don't post recipes all of the time, but I pulled out this oldie but goodie from Kendal's 4-H Beef Cookery days (if my memory serves me correctly this recipe went all the way to state!) to make for a new baby and decided to whip up a batch for my family today. I tell you, this is not gourmet, but it is the very definition of quick and easy, and your husband WILL like it! (Don't know about your kids...mine probably won't touch it...but I'm picking my battles!)

1 1/2 lbs ground round (I never buy ground round, I buy lean beef-your choice!)
1 c chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped bell pepper
1 can cream of chicken (low-fat, low sodium at our house)
1/2 t. garlic (or more if you are like me and get a little garlic happy!)
red and black pepper to taste
2 refrigerated pie shells

1. Brown meat with onions and bell pepper. Drain.
2. Add soup and seasonings. Mix well.
3. Pour mixture into pie shell. Top with other pie shell. Flute edges. Cut 4 slits in top.
4. Bake at 400 degress for 20 minutes until brown. VOILA!

I'm going to round out our meal with some fresh black-eyed peas (THANKS MOM!) and maybe a tomato. Let me know what you think-hope you enjoy!

No comments: