Thursday, July 29, 2010

I wish they all could be California days.....





























Sorry about the picture overload but literally ALL of my pictures turned out so well! Jeff and I had a WONDERFUL time together in the Napa Valley these past few days. It's hard to compare different experiences at different times in our life, but I think this was my FAVORITE trip ever with my super sweet hubby!

Jeff usually plans our vacations, but really wanted me to do it this time because of the pressure to plan "the perfect trip" so I rolled up my sleeves and got to planning. Our resort, The Meritage/Vino Bello (don't know why but they called it both names), was just about perfect. The picture where I am in the dress is in the lobby our first night before dinner-we had Ristorante Allegria that night. They even had a shuttle service to take you downtown to eat so you would not be drinking wine and driving:) The ONLY downside was I reserved a King bed and we got two doubles but they comped us free breakfast the whole time (expensive hotel breakfast!) and I even talked them into room service dessert one night so I was placated.

Our first day we took a Playtupus tour (name of company) to four wineries: Archer Martucci, Casa Nuestra, Tudal Estate and Failla. Included is the picture of our ROWDY group. Now, if you know me you know I am NOT shy especially after sipping wine all day but these peeps were CRAZY. More details if you are interested.....We bought some really rare wines and had a blast!! Had dinner that night at ZuZu's per Aunt K-K's recommendation and it was great.

The next morning we were up way before the sun for our hot air balloon ride--SO glad we bit the bullet to do this!! It was so much fun--I even got to pick a walnut off a tree while in the AIR! Super cool. There was a little drama when it seemed we might land on a Red Roof Inn...but thankfully we made it into the street and the cars went around us-I'm not kidding!!!! They then served us a lovely champagne brunch which woke us up so we went shopping. We didn't do too much damage...then some pool time before tasting at Artessa then boarding the wine train...

Wine train was a little cheesy. Ok, I will admit it. And the food/wine mediocre at best. (That sounds snobby, but I am just sayin'...) It was not cheap so what you were paying for was the ride...which was quite nice I will say. Part of it may have been we didn't eat til about 8...who has seen hypo-Shelley??

Next am we tasted wine all day!!! Cakebread Cellars, Pine Ridge, Silverado Vineyard and Hagafen were much fun. Of course, we ate meals and snacks, and even strolled through downtown between all of that.....it was a perfect relaxed day. We ate a casual dinner at a taqueria called Casa. Jeff said his chicken taco was the best he had ever had. I got a white bean and a mahi-mahi which were both great! We rented The Bucket List from our hotel and called it a night....

THANKS to both our families for keeping Preston....he had a BLAST! Love to you all and more soon...

1 comment:

The Tylers said...

Loved reading that and looking at your pics. I got more about your trip from the blog than on our run...guess I did too much talking:)! Now I am trying to pick out the couple.....!!