Friday, January 30, 2009

NOLA Bound

Well, the time has come for me to attempt to run the Mardi Gras half-marathon! Jeff and I are leaving tommorow morning for a quick trip to NOLA and back. Preston is going to spend the weekend at my father-in-law's farm. He should really eat that up as it is supposed to be pretty here at least Saturday. As my dad pointed out-I am certainly not "overtrained!" HA! But, hopefully I will at least finish faster than my first half in Phoenix (2:09). Even if I don't, though, I will still be proud of myself for how far I have come. Because Jeff did not want me to, I really did not run at all while pregnant. (Ok, I did a little when I was past 37 weeks--I WANTED running to make me go into labor-but no luck!) So I have gone from running essentially zero to a half-marathon in 5 months. The site for race results is www.MardiGrasMarathon.com if you were interested in my finish time. And, of course, best of luck to Jana, Nancy, Mrs. Hunter, Jeanne, Lyndsey, Lauren and Jason (?).

No comments: