Sunday, September 13, 2015

Mommy and Daddy Fall Trip 2015








I have a confession to make.  I have a new favorite place in the country...really.  Jeff and I just got back from spending a few (kid free--thanks family!!!) days in the Western Kentucky/Nashville area and I have never been to a more fun, beautiful place. Maybe Preston will want to go to Vandy??  Seriously we had the best time and these few pictures do NOT do it justice....

We started out like a normal Thursday with Preston going to school and John Cole going to Pre-K, but the Jeff and I drove to Shreveport to catch a flight to Nashville.  Our flight from DFW to Nashville was delayed and we BARELY made the kickoff but we did!  Unfortunately, the Bulldogs fell to the Hilltoppers but it was a fun game.  Team looks great.  Quaterback looks better.  It's gonna be a great year.

The drive from Bowling Green, KY to Nashville didn't take long at all but it was still close to 1:00 when we checked in our hotel.  And would you BELIEVE we slept til 10:00 the next day??????? I don't.  It was truly fabulous.  We had lunch a "Bricktops" near Vandy campus then headed to Tootsies in Dowtown Nashville.  At this point it was POURING rain and we were so sad because we had awesome tickets to a music festival that was outside.....but then the sun came out and.....

WE SAT FRONT AND CENTER AT LIVE ON THE GREEN!  No one in front of us.  It was AMAZING.  We saw Zella Day (pictured), Big Data and the icing on the cake one of my favs for years Passion Pit.  The show was awesome and I didn't feel 36....until the next day...lol

My first thought Saturday morning was of my Preston as he ran his very first Cross Country meet.  I'm not really sure what place he came in ...he thinks 40th?? of all of the 1st and 2nd grade boys.  I think that is just wonderful.  A mile is a long way for those little legs and I can't WAIT to cheer him on at the next meet.

We had a three hour drive one way to get to the Ocoee River for our rafting adventure Saturday.  I really enjoyed it but don't think I want to do anything more 'hairy' as my dad would day.  Class 4 rapids were no joke.  Our boat had a tiny wipeout where 2 of the 6 passengers fell out and they ALMOST took me with them.  And I got hit on the cheek with a paddle during it and I don't even know whose paddle it was everything happened so fast...but we were all fine.

Saw this gorgeous sunset on the way home and I just had the biggest feeling of peace wash over me.  I've had some nagging pain that just won't go away and have been EXTENSIVELY tested.  But I still hurt.  I can't explain it though when I saw this sunset I heard God tell me that I was going to be just fine.  So grateful for this message and praying I can TRUST him to heal me ...

Saturday pm we had dinner at one of the SL top 25 restaurants of the South--"Rolf and Daughters"--it was just divine and after too much dessert we were done for the night...and our trip.  4:30 came early this morning but it was worth it to get home to get the boys back in their routine.

Thanks again family.  We really had a BLAST!  I will be back to see you NASHVILLE!!

No comments: