Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Vegas Baby!






Jeff and I just had a BLAST on our weekend trip to Vegas!  We left Friday after lunch and flew back Monday morning.  We ate a lot (shown is my favorite meal at Javiers in Aria--lobster enchilada with a crab stuffed pepper with a shrimp taco on the side--YUMMMMM!), got some sun, gambled (and lost--boo!), had a few cocktails (Ok, maybe more than a few), saw some shows (Elton John--Thumbs WAY up!; Cirque du Soleil Zarkana--So/so;), went for a jog together on The Strip, did our best to sleep in with the sun up and just enjoyed being together.  I love Veags in small doses...because I just can't keep those hours and pace for long.  But it sure is fun for a few days!!

Only minor hitch in weekend was discovering Sunday morning that my drivers license that I gave to Jeff to put in his coat pocket in case I would need it--was not there :(  My fault for not taking a purse and not keeping up with my own stuff.  But the even though we retraced our steps from the night before--including sneaking into the very nice white tablecloth restaurant at Caesars where we had dinner Saturday night to look under our table.  Let's just say the security people weren't thrilled about this--ha!  But THANKFULLY they let me on the plane without it.  I got a boarding pass with my VISA and got through TSA with my Sam's card and  extra screening...luckily I passed :)  It's a good Vegas story though, right?

Thanks a million to our Gran-Gran and Grandfather for keeping the boys the bulk of the time and for Nana stepping up and keeping them when she has done nothing but take care of others for two weeks.  Papa has stabilized somewhat, but is likely never to leave a hospital bed and could leave us any day.  He is not in pain and is eating fairly well, but has started to show some of the "end of life signs" so right now we just pray for he and Gran and wait.

Hope you are having a great Wednesday!

No comments: