Thursday, August 1, 2013

Late July Happenings




I've been covering a LOT of vacations and such these days so Mommy being at work so much is not the norm, but we've been blessed that our sweet sitters have stepped up and the boys are having a BLAST these hot Summer days!

First pics are of our spontaneous trip to the Shreveport water park last Sunday.  I was impressed with the place. Now, there were times I did CRINGE when I thought about what I was walking on barefoot...but I've got two boys so I'd better get used to it :)  And Preston rode everything there but the straight down water slide...and he wanted too...and was tall enough...but I didn't want him to have a negative experience.  OK--maybe I was scared :)  I SO LOVED DOING THIS WITH HIM!  Going down the same slide and "racing" to the bottom.  Sharing a tube on the lazy river.  It was so fun.  And John Cole was a blast too.  I won't go into detail but there was one TINY swim diaper incident--gosh I hope this is my last Summer of those!--but all in all he was great and really enjoyed himself too.  It was work though.  I am spoiled to usually swimming around people I know--and people I KNOW are watching my kids if I look away.  (Conversely, I watch THEIR kids if they look away!) But in the midst of strangers at Splash Kingdom it was a STRESSFUL job to watch even just one child--esp since John Cole thinks he is too big for his puddle jumper.....

Next is a pic from yesterday's visit from Gran.  John Cole is showing her his "bean" from poo-pooing in the potty. Look-we are NOT potty training over here.  But, if there is a convenient time that I know my child needs to go I will put him on the potty and let him get the hang of it. I'm waiting until he is two to get serious...but if he says t-t.......

Lastly, is a pic from my sweet friend Sarah Jeffords' "Bash Booth."  You can rent it out for parties, weedings, etc and it is SO FUN!  She had it for her son John Mark's second birthday party.  You can tell Preston was very shy and didn't know what to do.....

Happy 36th tomorrow to Jeff!


No comments: