Friday, March 22, 2013

Preston's Class Egg Hunt 2013














 I was just about a wreck for the past 24 hours worried that Preston's egg hunt/lunch planned for outdoors today was not going to be just PERFECT!  You know what--it was COLD!  We ate inside.  It was muddy and wet to hunt eggs and play on the playgroud.  But the party WAS perfect :)  So grateful that it all worked out and the kids all had a great time.  Preston is getting so mature it's kinda hard on me.  He really is growing up right before my eyes.  I LOVE to watch him interact with his peers--it is truly when I am most proud of him.  Of course, John Cole was right there in on the action.  He was still taking his nap during the hunt (THANKS Gran-Gran for keeping him for me this morning!!) but was right in the thick of things for the lunch portion of the fun.  Thanks to Nana to for helping me hide the eggs in the nasty muddy grass.  The things you do for your children....guess you are still doing them when you are ???ish.....

As much fun as these things are, I will admit I need to do a better job at stressing the real meaning of Easter.  Think it's easier(and let's face it more fun) to stress the real meaning of Christmas, but Easter is what it's all about.  Up from the grave he arose!!

More hunts and hijinks to come....

No comments: