Saturday, August 15, 2009

It's Party Time







Well, since it is not ACTUALLY Preston's first birthday quite yet, I will wait until that date to post my gooey reflections. HA! But, Preston was none the wiser today as we celebrated his turning ONE! I was on the fence about inviting some of his friends to the party, and finally decided to just have a family celebration and it was PERFECT--I even got a little teary-eyed when everyone was leaving because both Preston and I are SO BLESSED to have the support of such wonderful family.

We started the party with present opening, because I had been trying to hide the presents but once he saw them they were not going to go untouched for long! He was really not into the opening much-really did more of that at Christmas-and definitely took a liking to a couple of toys. Now, that could all change tommorow--but that is a GOOD thing!

Then, we sang Happy Birthday and let him at his monkey cake. I thought he would dig right in, gouge it with his fingers, but NOPE-he was so ginger with it and barely dropped a crumb on the floor. He did like it though--especially trying out some yummy ice cream...

Well, I hope you are having a relaxing weekend. More later.......

1 comment:

jessie said...

i didn't realize he was already a year old! he's such a happy baby-always smiling!